Saturday, April 19, 2014

Malunggay Pandesal (Bread) | The Benefits Of Malunggay Leaves


A few days ago our kasambahay told me about a new type ofpandesal (bread) that she tasted. She said, unlike the typicalpandesal, this one was made with malunggay leaves. Knowing that malunggay leaves have some good health benefits, I opted to give it a try and asked her to bring me some the next time she comes over.


How does it taste? 
Delicious. For a mere 2 Php per piece, this was really worth it. I was never really a big fan of pandesal because I found it too grainy. Somehow, since this tastes a little sweeter and was softer than any other pandesal that I ever tasted, I really enjoyed it. A healthy breakfast for only 10 Pesos or less?? Unfreaking believable. I love it too much.

Here are some benefits of Malunggay Leaves:

Helps strengthen the immune system.
Help restore skin condition, controls blood pressure, relieves headaches and migraines.
Help increase semen count.
Help normalize blood sugar level therefore preventing diabetes.
Malunggay has anti-cancer compounds (phytochemicals) that help stop the growth of cancer cells.
Helps relax and promote good sleep.

source: http://supermalunggay.blogspot.com/p/health-benefits.html

No comments:

Post a Comment