Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Old Street Bak Kut Teh - You Tiao - Soya Milk

I've been to Singapore many times but was only able to try this on my last visit. It was de-li-cious! I wasn't feeling well on the first three days of my vacation, but this little number did the trick. The place was designed like an old street restaurant. I fancy simple places like this. It feels homey.

Picture

Picture

Picture

The service was quick and easy. Each table had drawers and each drawer served a purpose. Drawers would have a tablet where you can choose the food you want to eat. This is how you order. Other drawers would have utensils to use. Not even 10 minutes of sending it in, our food was served. :-D

Picture

Picture

The first thing we ordered was the Bak Kut Teh. I wasn't feeling well and my body was rejecting the food that I was trying to eat half way through swallowing. This was the first food that my body happily accepted. The best part was that the lady kept giving us free broth. :-D

Picture
Picture

On our menu, Kai Lan. Veggies are necessary to keep us all healthy. It was fresh.
Picture
Picture

The rest of the food on the table were free appetizers. This included the warm tasty bread and the usual peanuts with sauce.
Picture

All in all, with cleanliness, good service, and delicious food;
Picture

This restaurant is located at the Jurong East station (red line) inside the "Jem" mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment